Please take a few minutes to read the following policy so that you understand how we treat your information. City Electric Supply understands that you care about your privacy and we are committed to being transparent about how we collect, use, store and share your Personal Information.
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site(s) or provide or use in connection with the Site(s)
- Contact and Registration Information:
- Transaction Information: (
- Content: We collect the content you post on the Site(s) and messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you may write or questions and information you provide for customer support
Information Collected Automatically
We and our affiliates, service provides, and select businesses with whom we have marketing relationships, may use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer our Site(s) and improve functionality. Such information may include:
- Login Data: IP addresses, account login information, browser information, device type, and device IDs
- Usage Information: Browsing behavior on our Site(s), such as URL information, clickstream information, and date/time stamps
- Location Information: Information pertaining to your location using IP Geo Coding
Use of Information Collected
We use the information that is collected from Site visitors and customers, or otherwise in connection with the Sites, as is disclosed at the time information is collected, as is otherwise disclosed to you, for business purposes as follows:
- To respond to your requests or inquiries and to fill your orders;
- To protect the security or integrity of the Sites, our company, or our customers and visitors; and
- To determine your browser, recognize new visitors or existing users, and better understand our audience, customers and website visitors
- To allow you to use interactive portions of our Sites and enter promotions;
- To communicate with you such as, for example, to provide you with push notifications (if you choose to received them), newsletters, press releases, information relating to programs or activities that you may be interested in, and emails related to resetting your password;
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations;
- For analytics to detect and prevent fraud, as permitted by law; and
- For any other purpose for which you provide your consent.
How We Share Your Information
We share information with our related brands and entities including parent and sister companies for purposes, which may include customer support, marketing, and technical operations.
We share information with entities that help us with maintaining and operating the Site(s), payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes. These companies may only use such information for the purposes of performing those functions and may not use it for any other purpose. Examples of service providers include companies that provide website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, promotions, mobile application functionality and support, employment and hiring, auditing and other services.
Sale or Transfer of Business or Assets.
Your Personal Information may be transferred or disclosed to a purchaser or prospective purchaser in the event of a sale, assignment, or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets.
Security and Compelled Disclosure.
We may share your information with notice and as required by applicable law, with your consent.
You have the right to access certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to use through the Site(s). You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change with your online account and/or contacting Us as set forth in the section entitled “Questions” below. We may require additional information from you to allow Us to confirm your identity. Recipients of our e-mail marketing messages can unsubscribe from receiving promotional e-mail by using the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of the message, or by submitting a Web Support Request and typing “unsubscribe” in the message body.
Site visitors can also request that their personal information not be shared with third parties solely for e-mail marketing purposes by submitting a Web Support Request with “do not share” in the message body. Because mailing lists are prepared in advance of each promotion, you may be sent a couple of promotions before the change is effective.
Our Site has data security measures in place, which may include encryption and other technologies. In addition, We have put in place reasonable procedural and technical standards to protect the security of our Sites and information We maintain. However, We cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure. We encourage you to take affirmative steps to protect yourself online, including ensuring that any online account information you have remains secure.
Subject to applicable law, We may retain your information for as long as needed to provide you products or services that you have requested, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We may not remove your Personal Information when there is a legal storage requirement, such as accounting rules or when there are other legal grounds to keep the data, such as an ongoing contractual relationship.
Links and Third-Party Collection
City Electric Supply Company owns and operates the Sites in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to Us, including Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, governed by U.S. privacy laws, and by using the Sites/giving your information, you consent to such transfer
The Site(s) are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 18 or older. We do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If We learn that a child under 13, or equivalent minimum age depending on jurisdiction, submitted Personal Information online, we will take reasonable measures to delete such information from our databases and to not use such information (except where necessary to protect the safety of the child or other as required or allowed by law). If you become aware of any Personal Information that we have collected from children under 13, please contact us using the information in the “Questions” section below.
Aggregate, De-Identified Data
Additional Disclosures for California Residents
Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information enumerated in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)::
- Identifiers, including name, email address, phone number, account name, IP address, and an ID or number assigned to your account and/or device.
- Customer records, including billing and delivery address, and credit or debit card information.
- Commercial information, including purchases and engagement with the Site(s).
- Internet activity, including your interactions with the Site(s).
- Geolocation data, including location enabled services such as WiFi and GPS.
- Inferences drawn from other personal information, including profiles reflecting a person’s preferences, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, or loyalty.
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, you may give Us your personal information by filling in forms, products you purchase, or by corresponding with Us by mail, phone, fax, email or in-person.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Sites or using cookies.
- From third parties that interact with Us in connection with the services We provide.
- Analytics and engagement service providers.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights. Please note that these rights may not apply to information reflecting a written or verbal communication or a transaction between City Electric Supply Company and you, where you are acting as an employee, owner, director, officer, or contractor of a company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency and whose communications or transaction with City Electric Supply Company occur solely within the context of City Electric Supply Company conducting due diligence regarding, or providing or receiving a product or service to or from such company, partnership, sole proprietorship, non-profit, or government agency.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
You have the right to request that We disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months. Once We receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, We will disclose to you:
- The categories of Personal Information We collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information We collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom We share that Personal Information.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information We collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If We sold or disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing:
- sales, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and
- disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the Personal Information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that We delete any of your Personal Information that We collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once We receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, We will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for Us or our service providers to:
1. Complete the transaction for which We collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
2. Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
3. Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
4. Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
5. Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq. ).
6. Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
7. Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
8. Comply with a legal obligation.
9. Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to Us by either:
- Filling out the CCPA privacy inquiry form on our Site
- Emailing Us at CCPAPrivacy@ces-us.net
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows Us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom We collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. For example:
- If you provide an email address for verification, We will send a verification email to the address you provided for confirmation;
- If you provide only a phone number for verification, We may call the number provided and ask you to confirm additional data that We have on file for verification.
- If you provide only a mailing address, We may send you a letter at the address you provided providing information on how to contact our response team for verification.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with Us. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If We require more time (up to 90 days), We will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures We provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response We provide will also explain the reasons We cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, We will select a format to provide your Personal Information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If We determine that the request warrants a fee, We will tell you why We made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, We will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
However, We may offer you certain financial incentives permitted by the CCPA that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. Any CCPA-permitted financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your Personal Information’s value based on several factors including: (a) the average value of the collection and use of such information; (b) revenue generated by the collection and use of such information; (c) profit generated from collection and retention of such information; and/or (d) any other practical and reasonably reliable method of calculation used in good faith. When you are invited to participate in a financial incentive program, the offer will contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects.
We do not engage in the collection of personal information over time across third-party websites, and We do not permit third parties to gather information passively on our website for behavioral advertising purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California law, a California resident with whom City Electric Supply Company has an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of Personal Information City Electric Supply Company has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes (if any), and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. In response to a written request, City Electric Supply Company is allowed to provide a cost-free means to opt-out of such sharing.
Since City Electric Supply Company does not provide your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, it is not necessary for us to establish this procedure.
Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada residents may opt out of the sale of their covered information, as those terms are defined in Nevada law, by submitting such request to our designated email address: Marketing@ces-us.net; however, please note that we do not sell your covered information as defined by Nevada law.